Home | Breads | Chicken | Fish | Meat | Pasta | Veggies
Linguine with Scallops
- 1 pound fresh or frozen scallops
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Makes 6 servings.
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Halve any large scallops, set aside. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat margarine and oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook and stir about 2 minutes or till opaque. Remove scallops with a slotted spoon, leaving juices in skillet.
- Stir broth, vermouth or white wine, amd lemon juice into skillet. Bring to boiling. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes or till liquid is reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in onion, parsley, capers, and dillweed. Reduce heat to simmer, uncovered, for about 1 minute. Add scallops, stirring just till heated through. Pour over linguine; toss gently
Nutritional information oer serving: 362 calories, 28g protein, 326g carbohydrate, 4g fat, 40mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 619mg potassium.