Home | Breads | Chicken | Fish | Meat | Pasta | Salads | Vegies
Low-Fat Chicken Enchiladas
Remove tortillas from refridgerator; set aside. Heat oven to 350. In non-stick skillet, melt margarine. Cook onion and garlic until tender. Stir in green chilies, sour cream, and soup; mix well. Reserve 3/4 cup sauce; set aside. Stir in chicken and 1/2 cup cheese to remaining sauce in skillet. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture; roll up. Place seam side down in ungreased 12"x8" baking dish. In small bowl, combine remaining sauce and milk; spoon over rolled tortillas. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- 1 package fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 fresh clove garlic, minced
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup non-fat sour cream
- 1 10-ounce can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (4 oz.) reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
Makes 8-10 enchiladas.
Nutrition information: 397 calories, 9.6 grams fat, 21% calories from fat.
Onion-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Preheat oven to 450. In large plastic bag or bowl, add all ingredients. Close bag and shake, or toss in bowl, until chicken and vegetables are evenly coated. In 13x9-inch baking or roasting pan, arrange chicken, breast side up, and vegetables; discard bag. Bake uncovered, basting halfway through, 45 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are done.
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 pound all-purpose potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 2 carrots, sliced
Makes about 4 servings.
Three Hundred & Sixty-Five Ways to Cook Chicken
Lowfat Way to Cook Chicken
365 More Ways to Cook Chicken